Carbs aren’t necessarily bad, but they’re often found in a wide variety of unhealthy foods, such as cookies, soft drinks, pies, and sugary breakfast cereals. Considering that we all have had these foods as part of our daily food intake from time to time, it might be a good idea to cut back a little and try some of these low-carb foods that are still delicious, but healthier.
- Chicken: With the highest amount of protein, this meat is a great versatile and low-carb food. Chicken is high in many other nutrients, such as vitamin B12, iron, and zinc. And best of all, it has zero carbs.
- Avocado: When you look into low-carb diets, avocados are probably one of the top foods that you hear about that are rich in healthy fats and fiber. On top of all that, avocados are low in carbs and are a delicious choice to include with your meal.
- Pistachios: There are many kinds of nuts that are low in carbs, and that list includes pistachios. Pistachios are a great snack option for getting plenty of nutrients and proteins.
- Peaches: Dismiss any thoughts that fruits are a no-go when eating low-carb foods. Peaches, along with other fruits like plums and cantaloupes, are an excellent low-carb food with plenty of vitamins and nutrients.
- Oats: And while it might seem like all grains are off the table for low-carb foods, there are some grains that are low in carbs and extremely nutritious, such as oats.
For more delicious options for low-carb meals, come visit Citrus the Diner today!