Pancakes are one of the most popular and versatile breakfast foods out there, and for good reason! There are many varieties of pancakes, such as plain, blueberry, banana, pumpkin, and chocolate chip. However, pancakes aren’t complete without some kind of topping to tie the whole meal together, and it doesn’t just have to be regular maple syrup.
- Fruit sauce: Boiling fruit, sugar, and water together makes a delicious topping for more than desserts. You can make a fruit sauce out of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, or other similar fruits to then slather on top of a fresh stack of pancakes. Just the thought is mouth-watering.
- Whipped cream: Add in a creamy and sweet flavor to your breakfast by topping your pancakes with whipped cream. You can opt to make your whipped cream a little sweeter by adding in sugar or just whip the cream straight from the container.
- Peanut butter: Forget topping your pancakes with nuts– go for an even richer and creamier flavor with peanut butter! Slather peanut butter on your pancakes or heat the peanut butter up, so it’s a little thinner.
- Jam: This is similar to fruit sauce, but you get some extra thickness and flavor when you use jam as a topping. Jams offer a variety of sweetness and tartness, so you can choose what flavor you want for your pancakes.
- Eggs: It might sound weird, but just try it. Plain pancakes topped with scrambled eggs is so good you’ll start doing it every time you have pancakes and eggs for breakfast. You can even add a little bit of maple syrup on top.
Come by Citrus The Diner today and try some of our varieties that include, pineapple upside down, The Elvis (peanut butter, banana, & bacon), and all sorts of fresh fruits, nuts, and chips.